Medicated Money

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Any Questions?

Recently when we go anywhere, I end up nagging Mrs. Medicated with questions like: what do you think he makes, or do you think she is saving anything for her retirement. Normally, Mrs. Medicated just gives me the look of 'would you knock it off!' Now, for clarity purposes, this was the exact same look she would give me when we were in medical school and I would try to diagnosis people as they walked past us on the street.

My problem is that I love to know details of other people's lives. Whether that is medical, financial, or social! Maybe this is why I read so many different personal finance blogs, or listen to the Dave Ramsey show when I can even though I know his financial advice before he states it.

I love to hear the daily situations of the everyday American. And I don't think I am alone as evidence of the popularity of pf blogs.

So do you ask these same questions day in, day out? Or am I just a little weird when comes to things like this?

2 Comments:

  • I think the fact that you look to listen to other people and then do in fact hear what they are saying, this means you are right where you need to be. Your calling is medicine. I visit my doctor, less than I should, because for no other reason ...I don't think he hears me.

    As far as the money, debt and investments of others, I look to know as well. I often question and want to ask them out loud. A few I have really wanted to help. But know they would think I am nuts or nosy just by speaking.
    -d

    By Blogger D, at 4:08 PM, July 15, 2006  

  • You're not alone, I've been known to do the same thing. Then again, some people think my ego is a little bigger than it should be...

    By Anonymous John, at 11:15 AM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home