Medicated Money

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Working For A Living? - Job Update

The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more. -Jonas Salk, MD

We recently each had the opportunity to meet with prospective employers back in the Northeast, were we both are originally from. Our meetings went extremely well, and we are in the process of trying to determine if it is the right move for us.

In Mr. Medicated's situation, I have spoken with the practice and they are very excited about the possibility of me joining them. We spoke at length in what is expected and it is very similar to my position currently held. From everything discussed, it sounds like a great opportunity. Due to the similarities, the new practice stated that they would match salary, benefits, and work-related expenses such as funds for conferences, licensing, and other expensive that my current employer offers. To be honest, it sounds like a great deal and we think we are going to accept the offer.

'So why does this post have a question mark' one asks. Well, we are having a rough go with Human Resources at the hospital. To be honest, I don't know what to expect from them. In talking, we discuss that a formal offer would be made this past week, and the a possible start would be in the middle of August. I am reluctant to give a verbal confirmation without a formal offer. HR has been dragging their feet and the more time they take, the more time it may push back the start date. The practice wants me to start ASAP. I told them probably would be mid-August. We were hoping to know because our yearly lease ends after this month, we need to start planning a 1,500 mile relocation if it is a go. I contacted the HR department through phone as well as email and have stated my concerns, but still want to hold some cards if we need to negotiate. To be honest, I don't know what else to do other than wait and see.

As for Mrs. Medicated, she has interviewed in person with 2 different practices and has spoken to 2 others. She is looking for a September 1 start date (to spend a little time with family and friends if we move home). One of the practice has offered her a position but will make it official after their monthly meeting in July. For her, we are just waiting to see what will be the best offer available.

With all of this going on, we have many factors that we will need to decide if we do accepted the jobs (when the offer finally is offered). We will have many financial issues to sort out over the next few weeks, but we are in a holding pattern for now until we know something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home