Medicated Money

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Six Degrees Of Medicated Money

I love personal finance blogs. Absolutely, positively, love them. I am constantly on the look out for ‘new’ blogs to me. Currently, I read 72 different blogs through my second love (second, only to Mrs. Medicated) Google Reader. I try to comment on interesting posts and love the community aspect of the personal finance blog world. Many of our readers stop by and read a little because they see us on a bigger, better blog. We love the comments we receive because of this, and the different conversations that arise from these readers. So in a way to pay it forward, I have started the Six Degrees of Medicated Money.

How does it work? Well, I start off at a blog currently on the Medicated Connection list, and go out into cyber-world. Those on the Medicated Connection are very familiar to me, but many blogs on their blog-roll list are not. So I choose a blog from this blog-roll and try to read as much as possible. When I have a good idea of what the blog is about, I choose another blog from THEIR blog-roll and move forward. I repeat these steps until I go through six different blogs! Why do I do this? To be honest, I love reading many different opinions on the same topics. Many of these blogs have many readers and others don’t! I figure we’ll give a little love to all and support the personal finance community by making our readers aware of these sites. So without further ado, here are the initial blogs of Six Degrees of Medicated Money:

1st Degree: A Medicated Connection:
No Credit Needed

2nd Degree:
Crazy Money – A fellow Texas pf blogger, Matt @ Crazy Money posts great information on a personal level. I especially like his plan of a 24-month mortgage.

3rd Degree:
Yet Another Blog About Money – This blog is on the reading list already, and I love Miserly Bastard’s attitude towards personal finance, New York housing, and poker. I’m just scared of meeting him on an online poker game!

4th Degree:
Chipping Away: Busting Debt In Boston – Miserly does not have a blogroll on his site, so I found Chipping Away through a comment on his site! A fairly new blogger (like us) who is determine to say good-bye to his debt! Looks like he is well on his way!

5th Degree:
2Million – Another blog on our list for reading! The man is on a mission; a mission to reach a net worth of 2 Million plus the value of his home. Looks like he is well on his way!

6th Degree:
Our Money – Another blog on the list and fellow Texan blogger. Brian at Our Money is a man of few words, but a well-develop financial plan. With his wife, he is on an unbelievable track to hit all of their financial goals!

Well, there you have it. The first Six Degrees of Medicated Money. All of these blogs are excellent reads and I would highly recommend you stop by and check them out. If you are interested in being added to the Medicated Connection, let us know! We are always looking for a little cross-linking between friends!

2 Comments:

  • I appreciate the free publicity. As luck would have it, I was cleaning out some dormant links to other's PF blogs on my front page. Medicated Money will make a fine addition. Happy Blogging!

    Matthew @ Crazy Money

    By Blogger Matthew, at 10:17 PM, August 17, 2006  

  • You are quite welcome, Matthew!

    Thanks for adding a link to us at your site. We always love to add new friends to ours!

    Definitely enjoy the blog and look forward to reading more!

    -Medicated

    By Blogger Medicated Money, at 7:50 PM, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home