Medicated Money

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Determining One’s Net Worth: Honey, What’s The Dog Worth?

So, honestly, what should be included in one's net worth? Just the basics? How about everything and the kitchen sink? The reason I bring this up is that I love reading the net worth postings (like here, here, and here) that always come in at the beginning of the month. When we decided to start posting our net worth, we wanted it to represent not only our financial status, but a monthly reminder to get our ass in gear and clean up our financial mess. At least this is what I would tell Scott if I was asked "why do you post your net worth?" The thing is, the more and more I read, it seems like many people count everything when they calculate their net worth! However, Mrs. Medicated and I are a little different. We do not tally everything when it comes to our net worth. Why would we do that? Well, there are a couple of reasons, but let's first talk about what we do and don't count.

This is posted on our old site! To read more, please come visit us at our new site: http://www.medicatedmoney.com/!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home